Thursday, July 21, 2011

UPDATE: 7/21/11

From Laura Shepherd Martin:

Shannon was transferred over to ICU from open heart recovery this morning... Everything is still the same as far as the icp and vitals as lastnight.. they did say they will be keeping up with the breathing tube even though she may not need it..
he breathing Tube is the only way they can make sure the airway stays clear since she cant cough or clear her throat until they lift her sedation.. which will not happen for a few more days!!!! she is breathing on her own though...:) My sister is a fighter.... I lover her sooooooo much keep fighting Shannon.... We are all behind you!!!

2 comments:

  1. If anyone knows Shannon like I do she is a fighter and she never gives up and this is the Shannon that is fighting as i type out this. I never knew how many lives Shannon has touched untill this past week and how many people love Shannon as much as I do. Shannon is one unique person (in a good way) and I am so blessed to have her in my life and to the people whos life she is in I know how much you count on her and how important she is to each and eveyone one of you. There hasn't been a day this past week that I have not thought of Shannon and can't wait for her to be able to go home and for me and her to be able to sit and just talk like we have done many times. I want to say thank you to the family for all the updates and to all the people that are saying that extra prayer for Shannon and for her family, I know Shannon may not be able to tell you but she knows that everyone is pulling for her and that she is very very thankful for everyone and everything that people are doing for her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon is able to receive flowers, but the family is in the process of setting up a trust fund. The trust fund is being set up for Shannon and her family because of the medical bills that are not coverd by insurance and other costs that are occuring durring this time in... their lives, the family is asking that instead of sending flowers, to please, please donate to the trust fund for the family. The trust fund is set up at 1st Source Bank and I will post by Tuesday the Account Name, Account Number and Address to the Bank there will also be a Pay-Pay Account set up for those that would like to donate to this fund. Please keep Shannon in your Prayers!!! Any questions please contact Ginger Weliver...by sending an email to her or posting below

    Please let me know the information so that I can let everyone know and if there are any changes you would like.

    ReplyDelete